In honour of my parent’s Golden Wedding Anniversary on 1 September 2012, I pledge to publish 50 marriages, one for each year of my parent’s marriage, of people that appear in the joint family tree. I plan to achieve this over the coming year, so that means weekly, with a couple of weeks off.
- Publish each Monday.
- The marriage featured each week will have occurred in the seven day period from that Monday.
- Marriages of living people can only be featured with their blessing, and they must leave a comment. Otherwise, in good genealogical fashion ‘I like dead people’.
- Guest posts are welcome, especially from family members. There are a few gaps to fill in the calendar…
- Family members – if you would like to see a particular marriage featured, please let me know. If you have documents or information about it, even better.
- I have had intentions of posting more often and regularly for quite a while, but you know about good intentions. Michael Hait at Planting the Seeds suggested that a publishing calendar was particularly useful. Quite a number of themed blog posts have been suggested on Geneabloggers.
- Cousin bait. Information in context tends draw out better contacts than needle in the haystack trees.
- To put the marriages into the historical context.
- To make me re-visit my database (apparently containing 819 marriages on 22 August 2012), verify the data, properly record sources and share a useful output.